At Starlight Haven we respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information about you. This Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with this website (www.visitstarlight.com) and other information collection sources. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
This site is intended for visitors from the United States. If you are visiting from another jurisdiction, please be aware that the United States may not offer a level of privacy protection as great as that offered in your jurisdiction.
Please read this policy carefully and on more than one occasion when you use the website. By accessing and using this website on any computer, mobile phone, tablet, console, or other device, you signify that you have read and understand the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this policy, you may not access or use the website.
Information We Collect
We collect information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, the following:
• Contact and Other Personal Information.When you visit our website, complete a transaction, signup to receive communications from us, or complete the Contact Us form on the site, you may provide, or we may collect, contact and other personal information such as your name, postal address, zip code, email address, telephone number, and any other personal information you provide. If phone number is provided during check out on our website or via call, you may be contacted for informational messages about your stay with offers for adventures and activities during your stay.
• Device and Browser Information. When you visit or access our website, your browser automatically sends certain information such as browser type, language preference, operating system, internet service provider, internet protocol (IP) address, device identification number, geo-location data, and online browsing data (such as date and time of access to our website, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”).
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
• To communicate with you. We use the contact information you provide to communicate with you, send news and promotional information, and respond to your inquiries.
• For marketing purposes. We use your information for marketing purposes including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers, and events via email, direct mail, social media, and other means.
• To improve our website. The information we collect helps us customize content on our website, facilitate access to our website, and recognize a computer or device that has visited our website before.
• For data analytics purposes. We combine information about our visitors to our website to produce aggregated statistical information that helps us understand the frequency of visits to our site, the pages visited, and the features clicked.
• For legal purposes. We also use the information we collect where necessary to protect against, and identify, fraud and other commercial activity, to comply with law or a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share the information we collect:
• With our contractors, agents, or business partners so that they may perform services for us, including running our website, sending communications for us, executing marketing programs and promotions, and processing payments. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
• With our affiliates for purposes of supporting our business operations, which may include legal and administrative support.
• With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (3) to respond to judicial process or to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
• In the event of a sale or restructuring of the business, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of the company’s assets. In such an event, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure the transferee uses your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
• Essential cookies enable you to navigate our website and to use our services and features. Without these cookies, our website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like, and we may not be able to provide certain core functions and features.
• Analytics cookies collect information about the use of our website and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us the most frequently visited pages and analyze site traffic. We use them to look at overall patterns of usage on the site, rather than the usage of any particular individual.
For more information on how to adjust your cookie settings in your specific browser, review your browser of choice cookie management policy.
• Social Media cookies collect information about your visit to our site, but only when you are logged in to your social media account and are only stored for up to 7 days.
• Marketing cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. You can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer.
Legal Basis for Processing Information
Where required by the California Consumer Privacy Act we will only collect and process personal information about you where we have a legal basis. Examples of legal bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with you), and “legitimate interests”.
Where we process personal information based on consent, we will ask for your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time, but that will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information prior to such withdrawal. Where we rely on contract, we will ask that you agree to the processing of personal information that is necessary for entering into or the performance of your contract with us, and we will inform you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information.
We may process your personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. We process your personal information based on legitimate interests in order to:
• Market our products and services;
• Protect you, us, or others from data security threats;
• Comply with laws that apply to us; and
• Enable or administer our business, such as for invoicing customers.
Do Not Track Signals
California and Delaware laws require that we indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. “Do Not Track” is a standard that is currently under development. As it is not yet finalized, we adhere to the standards set out in this Policy and do not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests.
Your Communication Preferences
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Although you may opt-out of the use of your information for marketing purposes, we may still use your information for non-marketing purposes.
Children’s Online Privacy
The Website is intended for a general adult audience and is not intended for children under 18 years of age. Starlight Haven does not intentionally collect any personal information from any child under the age of 13 and if we discover we have been provided with any such information, Starlight Haven will promptly dispose of the information. This includes children in the state of California under the age of 13 protected under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Starlight Haven encourages parents and guardians to closely monitor children’s online activities.
Links to Third Party Sites
Occasionally when linking to a third-party website from our website, you may still see the Starlight Haven logo or a Starlight Haven website frame. This is to provide you with a seamless experience when visiting our affiliate sites. In these cases, you are no longer on our website but the third-party website, and therefore the information collection practices of the third party’s website may differ from Starlight Haven’s. The privacy notice of the third-party website will govern how information collected from you is used by the owner of the website. You can always know what website you are on by checking the Uniform Resource Locater (URL) in the location bar within your browser.
We understand the importance of safeguarding the personal information we collect from you. We therefore take reasonable measures to protect your personal information that is under our control in an effort to prevent its loss, misuse or unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure, including established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information we collect secure. You should take care not to send us personal information in email, which is inherently an insecure form of communication.
Although we strive to keep your information secure, no policy or system can perfectly safe guard against the risk of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure and we do not and cannot guarantee that your information may never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this policy and applicable laws. Any personal information you provide us is at your own risk. You should understand the limits to privacy and security on the Internet and use common sense in all your online activities.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and will be posted on the website, indicating when it was last updated. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post a prominent notice on our website and/or provide other notice as required by law.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you can contact us by email. Please note in your communication that you are making a “Privacy Inquiry.”
Last Updated: September 2, 2021